What Is Indoor Advertising?
Simply put, indoor advertising is a type of advertising where messages such as posters or digital boards are displayed in enclosed spaces such as restrooms, vanity areas, bars, and restaurants.
We’ll talk more about the benefits of indoor advertising in one of the next sections. But one huge reason to choose indoor advertising as part of your marketing mix is to take advantage of captive audience marketing.
A captive audience is a group of people that for some reason or another have to spend time in a certain place (for example, while they wait in a restroom). This type of situation is ideal to deliver advertising messages because your audience is actively looking for a distraction but they have to stay where they are. In other words, you have their undivided attention.
Types of Indoor Advertising Media
For a long time, indoor advertising meant using exclusively print media, such as posters and flyers.
However, all types of communication have evolved at an amazing speed over the last couple of decades, and indoor advertising is no exception.
Nowadays, you have two basic alternatives if you want to leverage indoor advertising to promote your business:
- Print indoor advertising. All the benefits of classic indoor advertising with the impact of modern digital printing.
- Digital indoor advertising. Electronic monitors display your message, allowing you to make creative changes on the fly and running your ads 540 times per day per monitor
Indoor Advertising Advantages and Disadvantages
As with any other marketing tool, there are advantages and disadvantages you should consider when deciding if indoor advertising works for you. Here’s what you need to keep in mind.
- You have determined that you want to advertise outdoors. If for some reason you have decided that you want to focus on outdoor marketing, then indoor advertising may not be for you. However, we encourage you to keep in mind that every marketing strategy is a combination of solutions, and you would probably be better served by including indoor advertising in your marketing mix.
- Meet your audience where they are. There’s no better way to reach an audience than by advertising in the places they frequent for work or leisure. Indoor advertising helps you do just that!
- Take advantage of captive audience marketing. As hinted earlier, indoor advertising helps you leverage the power of captive audience marketing. By placing your message in places where your audience can’t ignore it, you are ensuring top of mind awareness for your brand, products, and services.
- Gender targeting. Restroom advertising, one of the most common forms of indoor advertising, makes it extremely easy for you to target your ads according to your audience’s gender.
- Cost-effective. All in all, indoor advertising is one of the most efficient forms of advertising out there. To discover how affordable indoor advertising can be, visit our home page, scroll to the bottom and fill out the contact form making sure to select an option from the “monthly budget” menu.
To learn more about the benefits of indoor advertising, read our previous post, “5 Indoor Advertising Facts You Need to Know”.
Interested in Indoor Advertising in Southern California? Contact Social Indoor
Whether it’s advertising job openings or growing your sales, Social Indoor can help you achieve your goals using indoor advertising.
We serve clients in Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake, and Menifee, California. Just call 951-395-4583 or fill out the contact form to get started!